Mallard is committed to ensuring the safety of our employees, customers, and partners as we work through this challenging time. We continue to monitor and follow the recommendations from the CDC regarding COVID-19 and have implemented several new safety protocols for our employees and our customers.
Controlling the Surface to Person Spread of COVID-19
COVID-19 spreads not just from person to person, but also from surface to person. Keeping the surfaces you come into contact with daily clean and sanitized is critical in controlling the spread of COVID-19.
Mallard Systems cleans and sanitizes surfaces with a Sodium Hypochlorite-based solution. Sodium Hypochlorite (bleach) is one of the EPA-registered disinfectant products qualified for use against SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
Find additional information on the EPA website:
Mallard provides cleaning services for residential, multifamily and commercial clients, including many Healthcare providers. We recommend all of our clients increase the frequency of their exterior cleaning, focusing on doorknobs and handles, railings, light switches, outdoor furniture, playground equipment, and other areas commonly touched. We also recommend cleaning walkways.
Safety Guidelines for Employees and Subcontractors:
- Do not come into work if you are feeling sick.
- Do not shake hands when greeting others.
- Try to stay six feet away from others on the job site, including during morning gatherings, meetings, and training sessions.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissues if you cough or sneeze or do so into your elbow.
- Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%-95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
- Clean hands after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
Safety Guidelines for our Customers:
- Try to complete your work without making close customer contact.
- Avoid handshakes and maintain a safe distance from clients.
- Wash your hands before and after each appointment, if possible.
- When you visit a job site, before you knock on a customer’s door, call the customer and let them know that you have arrived. Ask them if they would like to meet you outside to review the work order.
- Call the client upon completion and discuss any issues with them.
- It is OK to leave the completed service order in the door for the client.
- Clients can call the office to make their final payment, or mail a check.
- Do not go to work if you are feeling sick.
Please note that Mallard employees do not need to enter a client’s home to generate the cleaning estimate or to complete the services.
We will also be minimizing the exchange of paperwork. Work order paperwork or service reports can be emailed to the client upon request.
If you have any questions, please contact the Mallard Systems office:
Mallard Cleaning Systems
7006 Stapoint Court STE G
Winter Park, FL 32792